Thursday, December 30, 2010

brand new

Well 2010, it's been fun. 
You've been full of some crazy memories that I'll treasure forever (or try, to no avail, to forget), but all good things must come to an end. And I'm planning bigger and better things for 2011... okay, not really. I'm actually  ditching a traditional list of resolutions because honestly, it just ends up being a list of things in my back drawer that I never actually accomplish. Instead I want to put these reminders someplace I'll see them often enough to not forget. 


Love people. It's the strongest and simplest way to show you care.
"By this all people will know that you are My disciples, by your love for one another." 
-John 13:35


Growing up is inevitable. So instead of having a Peter Pan complex, I'll mature like a normal human being while staying young at heart. :) 



Do-overs don't happen in real life. This chance might be the only one, so live it up. You only get one life, so make it count. It doesn't mean everything will be perfect, though. Screwing up is the only reminder we get that we're not perfect. Make mistakes, and make them often. Just know what to do with them. 


Nothing worth having comes easily. 



Apathy is a dangerous state of mind. Lack of feeling leads to indifference, which is a thousand times worse than hate. Better to feel something, be it hate or heatbreak, gaiety or apprehension, than to be completely devoid of emotion. 






4 comments: