Thursday, July 15, 2010

Today is a wonderful day...

Well, yes and no...

No, because I'm sick. Blah. Strep throat and a cold, my least favorite combination. I've been pouring tea and water down my throat by the cupfulls [okay, not really, but I'm trying to drink at least 2 cups of tea and 8 glasses of water], and ingesting copious amounts of cough drops, soup, and vitamin C, so hopefully I'll be all better soon.

But why is this such a wonderful day you ask? I FINALLY GOT GEEK GLASSES. :]

I always hesitated, thinking that they'd look ridiculous on me, and I'm pretty sure I still have to stick by that assessment, but whatever. They're just too wonderful for me to care. They're really just plastic frames with no lenses, but.. I love em anyway.


Sooo in love...
They make me feel like such a nerd. I LOVE IT. Now I just need an ironic tshirt, suspenders, a triangle tattoo and a bearded, plaid-wearing boyfriend and I'll be a certified hipster, fitting in with the rest of the crowd. WOOT. 




"I've built a wall; not to block anyone out, but to see who loves me enough to climb over it."


16 comments:

  1. Aww..feel better! I want geek glasses, toO!! Those are the best! Where did you get them?

    That quote is wonderful, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them!!! You look too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the glasses
    & hope you' feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! :]
    Actually, they were a pair of cheapo plastic sunglasses with orange sides, I just popped out the lenses and colored in the orange with a permanent marker. You can't even tell though... ;)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo cute! I bought some recently too and my family gave me SO much crap but I think I love them so I'm ok with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kara - haha, same here. My brother in law even went so far as to tell me that "boys don't make passes at girls who wear glasses." But I strongly disagree. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them... and I love that they made you so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're so cool. I recently bought some big glasses, and I love 'em... really haven't used them much, but I still love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a gorgeous post! I love your nerd glasses! I also bought some the other day in town! They look super cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i just read your comment on my guest blog post about tea on my girl thursday and wanted to drop by and say thanks. your blog is such a bright and happy space :-) i hope you're feeling better by now. some tea might help ;-)

    ~ ana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for finding my blog. Love yours.

    I like the glasses a lot. They're so trendy lately. My friend has a pair of almost the exact same ones and he wore them for a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hope you feel better! and...you're just too cute for words. the glasses look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh, I love those hipster glasses! You would fit in here in San Fran :-)

    You are gorgeous dear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, be unique man...being hipster is being yourself, unique. Don't try so hard, it's kind of embaressing....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a beard and I wore a plaid shirt today ;)

    ReplyDelete